Diploma vs Transcript

Can't Wait for a Diploma?

Sometimes an official transcript is more meaningful to a prospective employer than your diploma. Go to our transcript page to learn about ordering a detailed record of your academic career.

Degree Verification

IUPUC provides degree information to the National Student Clearinghouse.  Current and prospective employers or other agencies asking the IUPUC Office of Registrar Services for past student degree verification will be referred to the NSC online site. Telephone and mailing information is provided here:

  • National Student Clearinghouse (NSC)
    2300 Dulles Station Boulevard | Suite 300 | Herndon, VA 20171
    Phone: 703.742.4200 | Fax: 703.742.4239
    NSC customer support business hours: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., EST


New graduates will receive a letter in the regular mail telling them when and how to pick up their diploma in person. The Office of Registrar Services needs to see a picture ID card before releasing the diploma to you, the graduate. If an in-person visit to the campus is not feasible, you may request that the diploma be mailed by completing and signing an authorization form that can be returned to the Office of Registrar Services via FAX, mail, or email.

Old Diplomas

IUPUC keeps old diplomas indefinitely when students do not pick them up after graduation. It is never too late to ask for your diploma.

Diploma Duplicates or Name Changes

For a charge of twenty-five dollars, any IUPUC graduate may request a second diploma. The Office of Registrar Services will also order it with a different last name, if needed. If the name change is requested because of a registrar or division ordering error, the student will not be charged.

Contact, Address and Additional Links


4601 Central Avenue
Columbus, IN 47203

Phone: 812.348.7311

Donation Icon for IUPUC